SENIOR HR OFFICER
As the main technical lead of the HR Function at the FO, the main purpose of the Senior Human Resource Officer position is to ensure that the CO HR policies, processes, procedures, systems, etc. are fully and consistently applied in the FO.
The incumbent is required to ensure the FO employs the right balance of staff (in terms of skill, experience, gender and diversity) as per its HR strategic direction and that training and development opportunities are available to staff to enhance their performance and achieve the country office’s strategic objectives. S/he proactively supports the delivery of key objectives of the HR function and regularly participates and leads on HR projects at the field office level as required. S/he ensures that people management practices of the field office are of a high-quality standard and that practices support the aims and values of CARE, through the provision of professional HR advice and guidance to line managers.
S/he will work in close coordination with the HR officers in HO and hiring managers in the FO to ensure compliance on all employment related policies and procedures in line with Ethiopian legislation and best practice, through coaching and supporting line managers.
Job Responsibility #1: HR Strategic Management (10%)
- Lead HR planning for immediate and long -term staffing requirements for the field office as per HR Strategy
- Participate in the preparation of the annual operation plans with a focus on staffing requirements (i.e. skills and competencies) at field office level
- Actively participate in the implementation of new HR initiatives and systems/process improvements
- Assist in the planning and implementation of the talent acquisition strategy
- Participate in regular pay scale reviews/market assessments, as required
- Conduct job evaluations and analysis as required in coordination with HO HR officers
- Participate in revisions to structure (contraction or expansion) at FO level based on the evolving portfolio
- Provide expert input and guidance to managers and all actors involved in the process of staffing and budget reviews, recruitment and appointment of staff, performance management and staff welfare issues
Job Responsibility #2: Recruitment, Selection and Placement (15%)
- In collaboration with the HR Officer at HO and relevant departments/units at the FO, actively participate in the development and regular updating of the human resource strategic plan and subsequent recruitment schedule
- Lead talent acquisition for designated posts/job grades for the field office
- Assist in the research and implementation of new initiatives on the use of talent acquisition tools and methods, including but not limited to: social platforms, networking, job boards, outreach missions, webinars and monthly newsletters
- Participate in and ensure the effectiveness of talent outreach and sourcing initiatives by partnering with external stakeholders, inclusive of private sector actors and their related platforms/databases that seek to support employment initiatives
- Collect data on cost per hire and lead time for recruitment and recommend improvements to current processes to ensure effectiveness and streamlining of recruiting plans and to ensure that cost effective services are being provided to hiring managers
- Promote CARE as an employer of choice by carrying out impactful and targeted activities such as recruitment missions, job fairs, and presentations at various forums
- Manage the coordination and administration of the recruitment of new staff in the FO
- This includes preparing candidate information packs (advert, job description and person specification, CV screening and coordinating the screening of applications, management of interview arrangements, reference check, hiring approval and appointment processes).
- Manage candidates interview results and selection decision with hiring managers in the FO. Provide candidates feedback on interview results
- Manage the completion of reference checks and background checks on selected candidates at the FO and hiring recommendation approvals by the Head of Operations and POC.
- Manage offer process and negotiate compensation package including salary, start date and allowances
- Manage the offer letters and employment agreements for signature by hiring manager, candidates as appropriate
- Manage recruitment waiver approvals by the Head of Operations and POC.
- Ensure that complete and accurate records of the recruitment process and its results are maintained at the FO
- Produce monthly and other specialized reports related to recruitment of staff
- Work closely with the GED officer and HR Officer at HO to ensure recruitment processes at the FO are in line with all gender and diversity organizational objectives and related targets
Job Responsibility #3: Staff Management (10%)
- Provide guidance and support to assistant HR officer to effectively undertake their roles and responsibilities
- Create a collaborative and conducive work environment for team members with the aim of strengthening team work and job satisfaction
- Manage the staffing plan, leave plans, performance management, capacity building, etc. of the HR unit of the field office.
Job Responsibility #4: Payroll, Compensations and Fringes Management (20%)
- Participate in, as required, in the development, enhancement, and implementation of salary and labor surveys and other benchmarking exercises
- Participate in the development and implementation of compensation and benefits related policies and procedures, system development and process improvements
- Maintain compensation databases for the FO and ensure all employment records are properly maintained in the organization’s on-line human resource information system (HRIS)
- Lead payroll and benefits processing, ensuring that transactions are delivered in a timely manner and in accordance with regulations, policies and procedures
- Review payroll reports for accuracy and makes adjustments as necessary
- Serve as a point of contact for employees with payroll or benefits questions
- Prepare a variety of scheduled and ad hoc reports for analysis
- Ensure that PARs are collected in a timely manner and accurately report and reconcile the same with HRIS records
- Ensure proper filling of soft copy of PARs in the designated shared file(s)
- Work closely with Finance for the timely submission of PARs for monthly financial closing
Job Responsibility #5: Performance Management (20%)
- Lead the ongoing plans and implementation of performance management processes in FO
- Provide support and advice to management in the FO in implementing and applying performance-related policies. Ensure that all line managers are aware about how to evaluate and coach staff and that performance discussions are carried out effectively and in a timely manner
- Provide basic counseling to staff who have performance related issues in coordination with supervisors
- Ensure the timely initiation and completion of periodic performance management calendars
- Prepare analytics and/or reports for management on performance assessment results
Job Responsibility #6: People Development/Talent Management (10%)
- Contribute to the overall delivery of a training and development program in line with business strategy and country office needs
- Analyze training needs identified in relation to performance management processes, in consultation with line managers and in coordination with HO HR officers; organize capacity development trainings to improve staff performance in key areas
- Lead the monitoring, measuring and reporting on FO staff training and development plans
Job Responsibility#7: Compliance requirements (10%)
- Review employment and working conditions to ensure legal compliance and propose required actions as per findings
- Ensure that the field office workforce has a sound awareness of rules and regulations (including the Code of Conduct) and are aware of rights and obligations as well as benefits and entitlements
- Provide expertise and guidance to all staff in the office who may need HR advice
- Regularly follow up and ensure compliance with policies and procedures in accordance with Ethiopian specific legislation, donor requirements
- Provide regular HR updates to HO to inform of HR activities and processes
Job Responsibility #8: Others (5%)
- Participate in, as required, the conduct of investigations when employee complaints or concerns are brought forth
- Attend and provide HR advice on formal employment related panels in the FO such as disciplinary, grievance, performance and absence management, ensuring managers are briefed and follow the correct process
- Lead the planning and scheduling of staff meetings in the FO
- Participate in the handling of labor and related court cases in the FO. Work with the country office HR Team and legal advisor to ensure that court cases at field office level are provided with required oversight and handled by appropriate legal counselors and ensure that open cases are timely followed up and closed
- Ensure the completeness of the monthly HR report and share it with the Head officer HR Unit on a monthly basis
- Represent HR (both for Head Office and Field Offices) in periodic audits; provide required documentation, reports, payroll analytics, etc… for audit inquiries
- Follow up audit recommendations and ensure closing of audit findings as per recommendations provided
- Perform other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor
- Understanding and demonstrated commitment to the importance of gender, youth, and social inclusion issues.
- Demonstrated commitment to principles of Gender Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and PSEAH (safeguarding), as evidenced in previous positions / programming
- BA degree in, Human Resources Management, Business Administration or other Social Science field
- 4 years of relevant experience with the first degree
- 3 years of relevant experience plus post graduate degree
- Supervisory skill is mandatory
- NGO experience is a plus
- Basic managerial skills
- Technical and report writing skills
- Computer literate
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
How to Apply
If you are interested to be part of our dynamic team, exciting work environment and contribute to CARE Ethiopia’s mission and vision, please send your CV (not more than 3 pages) and cover letter (not more than one page) through https://phg.tbe.taleo.net/phg02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=CAREUSA&cws=52&rid=6845
The Safeguarding Officer will be the first point of contact for staff members for all Safeguarding concerns. The position holder will be supported by and accountable to the Humanitarian Response Manager and ensuring organizational safeguarding policies and procedures are emplaced and executed. This post holder will be specifically responsible for coordinating the implementation of safeguarding polices in “Women Lead in Emergencies” (WLiE) programming. In addition, she/he will lead development and delivery of safeguarding trainings to staff, local partners, and stakeholders. She/He will work with the country program Humanitarian Program Manager for Protection and Gender as well as Gender, Equity and Diversity Officer.
Contract Duration – Definite (3 Month)
Job Responsibility 1: Planning and Implementation of Program Activities (15%)
- Ensures that planning and implementation of the project activities are in accordance with the program principles, approaches, and procedures of the organization.
- Works closely with other project staffs and partners in planning and implementing the safeguarding and protection activities.
- Ensures effective implementation of the project activities as per the set plan of action and as per the donor requirement.
Job Responsibility 2: Technical Support and Capacity Building on Safeguarding (65 %)
- Implement and monitor safeguarding and protection activities in-line with the CARE safeguarding policy and international standards.
- Provide technical assistance, accompaniment and mentoring to partner staff on safeguarding approaches, system, and tools.
- Provide support to safeguarding and protection unit in different capacity strengthening and awareness raising activities to enhance staff and partners capacity on safeguarding and protection.
- Participate in different safeguarding and protection assessments to better ensure safeguarding and protection concerns in different programs and projects.
- Support the ‘’Women Lead in Emergencies: Strengthening GBV response in Tigray’’ project in setting up and managing feedback and response mechanism for protection issues.
- Supporting with the development of standard Operating Procedures that outline the process for escalating sensitive reports that pertain to safeguarding and protection issues.
- Collaborate with safeguarding and protection team in designing IEC and training materials on safeguarding and protection.
- Develop TORs and reports for different safeguarding and protection activities as may be required.
- Work together with safeguarding and protection team to ensure protection mainstreaming in the operation area.
- Collect information on staff and partner organizations capacity needs on safeguarding and monitor capacity building activities.
- Participate in the development of protection mainstreaming tools, checklist and guidance for various CARE projects in the Tigray region.
- Participate in different safeguarding and protection meetings and networks representingCARE.
- Conduct induction/orientation, training, and capacity building of staff on Safeguarding including Sexual Exploitation, Harassment and Abuse, GBV and protection mainstreaming in project implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
Job Responsibility 4: Learning and Information Management (10%)
- Responsible for timely collection, analysis, and utilization of safeguarding and protection related information.
- Liaison with others to gain experience and share CARE’s accountability and protection experience.
- Coordinate and ensure timely reporting from the field locations, in coordination with Humanitarian MEAL Manger.
- Document learning on challenges, best practices, and reflections during program implementation.
- Communicate and disseminate CARE’s safeguarding policies and procedures for staff and concerned stakeholders and partners.
Job Responsibility 5: Donor Compliance and Follow-up (5%)
- Ensure familiarity with all gender and protection related contracts and agreements with donors and sub-grantees.
- Ensure that FO project staffs are implementing gender and protection per donor guidelines and CARE policies and procedures.
- Coordinate with FO project managers and HO PSEA focal persons and Humanitarian Program Manager- Gender and Protection to prepare responses for any concerns.
Job Responsibility 5: Other (5%)
- Perform other duties as assigned.
III. GENDER EQUALITY
- Understanding and demonstrated commitment to the importance of gender, youth and social inclusion issues.
- Demonstrated commitment to principles of Gender Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and PSHEA (safeguarding), as evidenced in previous positions / programming.
- B.A/MA Degree in Social Sciences, psychology/social work Management Information Systems, gender studies, development studies, Statistics or related
- 3 years of work experience for BA Degree holders and 2 years experience for MA degree holders in MEAL, GBV, Protection and accountability related tasks (NGO experience is an advantage),
- Computer skills (Word processing, power point presentation, database management); data analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English Language
- NGO experience on humanitarian settings in the country
- Knowledge of statistical software like SPSS and experiences in database development applying common software like MS Access
- Knowledge and experience in gender assessment, digital data collection platform
How to Apply
If you are interested to be part of our dynamic team, exciting work environment and contribute to CARE Ethiopia’s mission and vision, please send your CV (not more than 3 pages) and cover letter (not more than one page) through https://phg.tbe.taleo.net/phg02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=CAREUSA&cws=52&rid=6844
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Passionate and dedicated candidates who meet the requirement are strongly encouraged to apply, especially women!
CARE seeks to improve the lives of the most marginalized, particularly women and girls. Our diversity is our strength. We encourage people from all backgrounds and experiences to apply.
CARE Ethiopia is committed to preventing all unwanted behavior at work. This includes sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, and child abuse. We expect everyone who works for us to share this commitment by understanding and working within the CARE Safeguarding Policy and related framework. CARE Ethiopia has a zero-tolerance approach to any harm to, or exploitation of, a vulnerable adult or child by any of our staff, representatives, or partners.
CARE Ethiopia reserves the right to seek information from job applicants’ current and/or previous employers about incidents of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment the applicant may have been found guilty to have committed or about which an investigation was in the process of being carried out at the time of the termination of the applicant’s employment with that employer.
By submitting the application, the job applicant confirms that s/he has no objection to CARE Ethiopia requesting the information specified above. All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks.
Applicants must follow the link and fill out the application form to be considered for the role.
You should read the vacancy announcement carefully, check the vacancy details, prepare your CV or Application details, and submit your application as instructed by the organization.
Visit our website to find updated job vacancies: https://sholajobs.com
Join Our Telegram if You have not Joined it Already
Join us on Telegram ስራዎችን በቴሌግራም ለመከታተል ይህንን ይጫኑ
Telegram channel: https://t.me/ngoethiopia
Please remember to visit www.sholajobs.com whenever you’re looking for a job in Ethiopia. We hope the site will help you find exactly what you’re looking for.