Purpose of the Job
The purpose of having a Program Operations intern is to support the efficient and effective execution of programs or project operation. The intern will closely work with the operation team and contribute for the smooth delivery of programmes and in rolling out various initiatives and tools to improvise program management practices.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Assist the program support coordinator (PSC) in field operation support matters and dealing specific supply chain, HR and finance follow up issues
- Assist CO operations team and national program managers in organizing events, setting appointments with stakeholders
- Assist the senior operation team in tracking operation dashboard/ lingering tasks
- Follow up with external stakeholders on tasks assigned by the operation/ program implementation team
- Assist with following up specific tasks with budget holders/program managers
- Assist with tracking progresses on roll out of project management tools (Program Management Methodology (PMM), RFT, Supply Chan Efficiency etc)
- Assist in drafting letters for external communication
- Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
Qualification and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Science ( Economic, Project Management, Sociology, Accounting, Management etc)
- Good knowledge of Microsoft applications
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Strong interest in developing a career in project management
- Very good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information with professionalism and integrity
- Commitment to Save the Children value
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants can send their applications and a copy of non returnable CV with the necessary documents to the following link below
Applicants must follow the link and fill out the application form to be considered for the role.
You should read the vacancy announcement carefully, check the vacancy details, prepare your CV or Application details, and submit your application as instructed by the organization.
Visit our website to find updated job vacancies: https://sholajobs.com
Join Our Telegram if You have not Joined it Already
Join us on Telegram ስራዎችን በቴሌግራም ለመከታተል ይህንን ይጫኑ
Telegram channel: https://t.me/ngoethiopia
Please remember to visit www.sholajobs.com whenever you’re looking for a job in Ethiopia. We hope the site will help you find exactly what you’re looking for.