We are pleased to announce the following position in the Manager, Cloud Infrastructure and Applications role within the Technology Function. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Position: Manager, Cloud Infrastructure and Applications
- BSc Degree in Computer science, Computer Technology or engineering;
- 5+ years’ experience in infrastructure support and/or planning in an environment with mixed VMware, Redhat virtualization.
- 5 year experience in Virtualization and Cloud platforms
- Experience in Openstack and contarization platiforms.
- Experience with Container/PaaS orchestration/management platforms such as Kubernetes, OpenShift, CloudFoundry and Tanzu.
- Extensive knowledge of enterprise Linux and windows Operating Systems.
- Extensive experience on Cloud and Infrastructure Operations Activities.
- Extensive experience on Cloud Applications operations and Managements.
- Experience in backup Strategies and BCP policies.
- Good Knowledge on Vendor Management and SLA enforcement
- Experience with Configuration Management and Automation tools eg Chef, Ansible or/and Terraforms.
- Good understanding of build tools, CI/CD, DevOps and Agile principles
- Cloud knowledge and integration models.
- Strong oral, written, interpersonal communication and leadership skills.
Reporting to the Head of Infrastructure and Operations, the position holder will design, build, deliver and support IT Private Cloud and Data Center Core Infrastructure which will serve all Company’s needs. The position holder will lead team and manage Vendors who provide system planning, support, monitoring and administration of Company Private Cloud Infrastructure based on VMWare Virtualization. windows and Unix/Linux environments running varying servers, storage and SAN systems as well as Container Platforms.
- Responsible for building, maintaining and supporting high-performance, fault-tolerant, scalable and distributed cloud and infrastructure solutions.
- Responsible for interfacing with application support teams to ensure applications fit within the infrastructure with scalability, reliability and security designed and implemented from the onset and also in defining road maps for the solutions.
- Responsible for establishing and improving team processes and workflows to maximize efficiency and productivity of people and systems.
- Responsible for reviewing cloud technologies and defining digital transformation models and roadmaps.
- Provide team leadership in Cloud Infrastructure applications operations processes and management.
- Vendor management and SLA enforcement to ensure they deliver world class Cloud Infrastructure services to the business.
- Lead in automation of infrastructure at massive scale to support scaling of digital services and as well as adoption of new technologies within Infrastructure and cloud support team.
- Role includes implementation of tactical service improvements, upgrades and system patching.
- Analysis of server hardware and operating system software and Active Directory.
- Provide team leadership in Planning, designing, implementation and support of Container Platforms with Micro-services technologies.
- Liaise with users, hardware and software vendors and internal systems owners to fine tune systems hardware and software for all systems.
- Provide team leadership in Backup Operations efficiency and provide road maps for the capacity growth as per business needs.
- Technical support for assigned company initiatives and projects. Participation in feasibility studies and testing for new IT infrastructure components.
- Maintenance of systems documentation and procedures.
- Managing Capes and Opex for the infrastructure and Services.
- Build tools for yourself and others to increase efficiency and to make hard or Provide team management to the Cloud and infrastructure support team
- Provide team leadership in Administering, configuring and troubleshooting private or cloud-based servers running on Microsoft Windows and Unix/Linux in physical, virtualized or containerized environment.
How To Apply:
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, kindly proceed to update your candidate profile on the career portal and then Click on the apply button. Remember to attach your resume.
The closing date for receiving applications is Wednesday August 2nd, 2023.