The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
Position: Administration Associate
Purpose of the Job
This position is based in Dollo Ado Sub-Office and will provide administrative support functions with a general diversified focus on fleet Management activities. The incumbents will work under the direct supervision of the Head of Sub-Office.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement and maintain WFP rules and procedures for light Fleet Management.
- Ensures the routine transportation requirements are identified within the areas of responsibilities.
- Implement and maintain, WFP vehicle and passenger security and safety procedures and systems.
- Make sure vehicle insurances and Drivers are valid/renewed, and all cases relating to accident and other claims are followed up and resolved
- Ensure transport services to staff members are arranged to ensure they get to field missions, and airport pick-up/drops for staff arriving and departing from CO/Other Sub-Offices.
- Ensures that the mechanical conditions & timely maintenance/service of all vehicles are performed timely
- Monitors the periodic maintenance and repair of the vehicles to ensure the reliability of the transportation service to program delivery.
- Ensures that files and documentation related to assigned vehicles are maintained and updated.
- Monitors WFP Fleet Management System (FMS) to ensure that Fuel and Spare parts are properly captured, efficiently utilized and makes recommendations
- Ensure monthly fuel consumption report is generated, reconciled & coupon request is submitted to CO on timely basis.
- In consultation with WFP light vehicle Mechanic, Provides technical expertise on security and safety procedures and reports to Management on unsafe vehicle operation.
- Collaborate closely with Country Office Admin team and provide inputs to planning exercises, reviews, evaluations and audits on Fleet Management.
- Maintain, at all times, accurate control, recording and monitoring of drivers and vehicle logbooks, and provide monthly fuel usage reports to Senior Management.
- Review the vehicle situation to advise the Management on maintaining an appropriately- sized fleet and that the vehicle fleet is making optimum use of a pool or allocation system
- Completion of secondary school education.
- Minimum of 6 years experience in progressively responsible work experience in administration with experience in asset and fleet management. Experience in providing administrative support to the Fleet Maintenance team or other logistics services is an added advantage.
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and the local language.
Knowledge & Skills
- Well-developed interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of work routines and methods in order to complete processes under minimal supervision.
- Good IT skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Windows applications and vehicle management-based software such as FMS, NOVACOM HTS, etc.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail (data entry skills) – speed and accuracy
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks, including exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Very good problem-solving skills: ability to anticipate issues and raise them with Managers
- Experience of effective risk identification and risk management (including Safety & Security implications)
- Able to demonstrate good knowledge of light vehicle maintenance techniques
- ;Ability to work under pressure; prioritise workload and meet performance targets.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants can send their applications and a copy of non returnable CV with the necessary documents to the following link below
Applicants must follow the link and fill out the application form to be considered for the role.
You should read the vacancy announcement carefully, check the vacancy details, prepare your CV or Application details, and submit your application as instructed by the organization.
Visit our website to find updated job vacancies: https://sholajobs.com
Join Our Telegram if You have not Joined it Already
Join us on Telegram ስራዎችን በቴሌግራም ለመከታተል ይህንን ይጫኑ
Telegram channel: https://t.me/ngoethiopia
Please remember to visit www.sholajobs.com whenever you’re looking for a job in Ethiopia. We hope the site will help you find exactly what you’re looking for.