Purpose of the Job
The Field Officer is normally supervised by the Snr Field Coordinator or Head of Sub-Office/Field Office depending on the structure of the Office. S/he may receive indirect guidance from other sections and units relevant to the country/regional programme(s). UNHCR Manual, programme and protection objectives, Operations Plans, UN and UNHCR financial/budgetary rules and regulations will guide the work of the incumbent. The incumbent normally supervises some support staff and may supervise lower grade professional staff. S/he has daily contacts with staff in the various field offices and with the functional units at the Country/Regional Office. S/he also has close liaison with a range of local civilian and military authorities and counterparts in NGOs and UN agencies to discuss matters of common interest.
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR¿s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare project proposals; draw up plan of operation for implementation, including institutional arrangements for budgets.
- Assess refugee needs in the various fields of assistance and make recommendations for the establishment of projects, adjustment or discontinuation of existing projects and advise the Head of Office accordingly.
- Closely monitor the implementation of projects under the geographical area of responsibility and ensure the provisions under the agreements signed with the implementing partners are being adhered to.
- Regularly prepare written reports on the implementation of projects and the situation in the sites.
- Maintain good working relations with local government officials, implementing partners and other agencies in the area.
- Report immediately on any security problems that may occur affecting programme, beneficiaries and the smooth running of the operation.
- Provide assistance to UNHCR Technical advisers and consultants as well as visitors visiting project sites.
- Represent UNHCR in the Field.
- Negotiate with local authority counterparts, partners and populations of concern.
- Approve expenditures within the DOAP.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Degree in Law, Political Sciences or other relevant field.
- 6 years relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; or 5 years relevant experience with Graduate degree; or 4 years relevant experience with Doctorate degree
Certificates and/or Licenses
- UNHCR Protection Learning Programme.
- UNHCR Operations Management Learning Programme. (Certificates and Licenses marked with an asterisk* are essential)
- Knowledge of refugee law.
- Good knowledge of UNHCR¿s programmes.
- IT-Computer Literacy
- PG-UNHCR’s Programmes (Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
- For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
- For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants can send their applications and a copy of non returnable CV with the necessary documents to the following link below
The post United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees Job Vacancy Aug 2023 appeared first on sholajobs.
Applicants must follow the link and fill out the application form to be considered for the role.
You should read the vacancy announcement carefully, check the vacancy details, prepare your CV or Application details, and submit your application as instructed by the organization.
Visit our website to find updated job vacancies: https://sholajobs.com
Join Our Telegram if You have not Joined it Already
Join us on Telegram ስራዎችን በቴሌግራም ለመከታተል ይህንን ይጫኑ
Telegram channel: https://t.me/ngoethiopia
Please remember to visit www.sholajobs.com whenever you’re looking for a job in Ethiopia. We hope the site will help you find exactly what you’re looking for.