Marie Stopes International Ethiopia
Youth & Advocacy Specialist
1. JOB SUMMARY
Under the supervision of DCD-Programs, the Youth and Advocacy Specialist technically support and coordinate Youth and Advocacy related activities, across MSIE projects and ensure timely and quality project deliverables. The job holder closely works with and technically/transversally supervised by the Senior Advocacy and communications manager.
· Provide technical oversight, strategic direction and ensure appropriate support for the implementation of Youth and Advocacy project activities
· Coordinate cross project Youth and Advocacy activities, working with project leads and Area Programs Managers
· Develop community engagement and advocacy toolkits
· Map stakeholders, at national and subnational level and align synergy across likeminded organizations .
· Lead project-based youth engagement, mobilization, and advocacy activities
· Ensure the implementation of timely progress monitoring and project evaluation
· Regionally map stakeholders and identify areas of collaboration and resource mobilization
· Design Gender, Equity and Social Inclusion (GESI) implementation guideline and strategies, aligned with MSI principles.
· Organize training, review and experiences sharing meetings to facilitate youth and advocacy program implementation.
· Document and maintain an inventory of successful tools and approaches for demand generation, community mobilization and advocacy.
· Ensure that IEC/BCC materials were developed in consideration of young people’s perspective and social inclusion.
· Provides regular feedback to your line manager and project leads, ensuring they are advised of all developments and problems
· Lead stakeholders’ engagement, field assessment and joint supportive supervisions
· Prepare and document success stories
Program design and Development
· Work with programs team, towards new business and project proposal development
· Plan to track data/results related to advocacy, demand generation and community mobilization/engagement.
· Lead government and donor report in areas of advocacy and youth activities,
· Document best practise and advocacy wins
· Review existing learning and best practices and articulate key barriers for youth/adolescent access to SRH services.
· Liaise with parents on joint youth and community mobilization endeavors
· Work with project partners on joint advocacy thematic areas
· Ensure the SRH needs of young people are identified and met accordingly
· Ensure effective partnership with all stakeholders and proactively engage in organizing collaboration forums.
· Perform Other similar duties as assigned by immediate supervisor
- MPH/MBA/MA in public Health, Health Science, Social Science, or International Development with at least four years of relevant experience
- Training or education in delivery of youth and advocacy related programs and/or youth program development or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities is preferable.
- Substantial youth and community work experience.
- Skill in community mobilization/engagement, strengthening service delivery projects, training, performance and quality improvement, monitoring and evaluation.
- Experience in multi-stakeholder engagement, coalition building and advocating for a cause.
- Strong oral and written communication and presentations skills in English;
- Experience in capacity-building activities, preferably across a diverse group of individuals;
- Experience in writing and editing documents/papers;
- Experience within family planning and reproductive health is desirable.
Skills and attitude
- Able to role-model inclusive and culturally sensitive attitudes and behaviors
- Strong commitment to young people and an understanding of the factors affecting their lives.
- the ability to provide reliable support to young people in times of stress and act with integrity.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to establish good relationships with young people.
- Patience, tolerance and flexibility. A sense of adventure and a willingness to try new things;
- Formal communication skills for presentations, report writing and funding applications;
- Results orientated; Motivated to develop professionally;
- Willingness and ability to travel (50% of the time) to the regions in Ethiopia;
Number of Position: (01)
Duty Station: Support Office, Addis Ababa
Type of Employment: Contract
How to Apply
We invite candidates meeting the required qualifications to download the job application form from https://www.mariestopes.org.et/join-our-team/ and email to Humanresource@mariestopes.org.et before the closing date of this announcement i.e. within ten (10) days.
Please note that we ONLY consider those who filled in the application form and send us back. We regret to inform that we do not accept CV at this stage.
Please mention the title of the position and workplace you applied for on the subject line of your email.
Due to the volume of applications, we will only contact shortlisted candidates, and we are unable to provide any feedback on unsuccessful applications.
CANDIDATES WHO DO NOT FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
MSI ETHIOPIA REPRODUCTIVE CHOICES STRONGLY ENCOURAGE FEMALE CANDIDATES TO APPLY!
Applicants must follow the link and fill out the application form to be considered for the role.
You should read the vacancy announcement carefully, check the vacancy details, prepare your CV or Application details, and submit your application as instructed by the organization.
Visit our website to find updated job vacancies: https://sholajobs.com
Join Our Telegram if You have not Joined it Already
Join us on Telegram ስራዎችን በቴሌግራም ለመከታተል ይህንን ይጫኑ
Telegram channel: https://t.me/ngoethiopia
Please remember to visit www.sholajobs.com whenever you’re looking for a job in Ethiopia. We hope the site will help you find exactly what you’re looking for.