Catholic Relief Services (CRS) operates globally in over 100 countries, aiding, safeguarding, and uplifting lives in need without bias towards race, religion, or nationality. Through relief and development initiatives, CRS addresses diverse challenges. Its programs span emergency response, disaster recovery, health, agriculture, education, microfinance, and peacebuilding.
For nearly six decades, CRS has led disaster response in Ethiopia, aiding vulnerable communities affected by conflicts, droughts, and floods. CRS’ efforts have rejuvenated households and communities via humanitarian aid encompassing food, agriculture, health, nutrition, WASH, and peacebuilding projects.
This role, situated at the CRS Addis Ababa Office, involves overseeing JEOP commodity risk and compliance at partner-managed food distribution sites. Collaborating with local authorities, consortium partners, and UN agencies is essential, with representation of JEOP management in the field as needed.
Position: Senior Project Officer – Cash Assistance
The Senior Project Officer (Cash) will oversee, aid, and document all project undertakings that support Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) mission to assist the disadvantaged and at-risk populations. Your comprehensive and service-focused approach will ensure consistent integration of best practices and continual enhancement of positive outcomes for our beneficiaries. You will guarantee adherence to optimal CVAs and organizational directives, while addressing overarching concerns such as safeguarding, gender, and protection. This role is pivotal in enhancing partner capabilities, empowering operational effectiveness through the Cash and Asset Online platform. The incumbent promotes CVA usage, disseminates cash and voucher information to partners, and collaborates with the government to ensure well-structured and executed CVA interventions.
Duties and responsibilities
- Arrange and guide execution of assigned project partner support tasks tied to cash programming. This includes close monitoring of Detailed Implementation Plan and SOPs execution, communication with local government, beneficiary registration, data cleaning, CAT platform setup, distribution monitoring, and timely processing of financial documents.
- Assist and coordinate capacity building and technical support efforts for partners in relevant cash programming, technical tools, and Basic Needs and Multi-Purpose Cash Approach. Aid in need assessments, design workshops for capacity building, and support training.
- Monitor and report challenges and gaps to adjust plans. Aid partners in reflecting on project experiences. Document assigned activity progress and contribute to case studies and reports on best practices.
- Support project evaluation and data collection, analyzing data, capturing lessons, and sharing best practices for decision-making and learning.
- Work with local partner(s) to prepare reports as per schedule. Provide technical support and training, including Cash & Asset Transfer System usage and financial education.
- Create project documents and tools, like SOPs and technical manuals. Manage JEOP partnership holistically.
- Ensure timely financial processing. Coordinate with Financial Service Providers, training staff and overseeing distributions.
- Manage the Cash & Asset Transfer (CAT) Platform, verifying data coherence, preparing top-ups, financial reports, and data analysis.
- Support learning and monitoring activities, identifying and reporting issues for adjustments.
- Address knowledge gaps through training and capacity building.
- Train CRS and partner staff on project processes and CAT platform use.
- Completion of either a 2nd Degree (Social or Natural Science) or a 1st Degree (Social or Natural Science).
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience for 2nd Degree or 5 years’ experience for 1st Degree, ideally in the fields of cash and voucher programming, food security, relationship management, and NGO involvement.
- Experience engaging with stakeholders at different levels and strengthening community partnerships.
- Experience in partnership activities and institutional strengthening, preferably involving international and religious partners.
- Expertise in collaborating with partners, participatory action planning, and community engagement.
- Proficiency in project monitoring, data collection, analysis, risk assessment, and identifying risk mitigation measures.
- Proficiency in MS Windows, MS Office tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), and online data platforms (KOBO, CommCare, Power BI, RedRose-One Solution, LMMS, etc.).
- Strong report writing abilities. Basic knowledge of technical principles and concepts in food security and commodity management.
- Familiarity with preferred resources like the Sphere Humanitarian Charter and Minimum Standards, NGO Code of Conduct, Do No Harm principles, and measures against sexual exploitation and abuse.
Knowledge and skills
- Profound appreciation for diversity and adept at building strong relationships. Proficient in engaging with individuals at all hierarchical levels, both internally and externally. Employing strategic approaches to relationship management, fostering close collaboration with local partners and community members.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal proficiencies.
- Exceptional strategic, creative, and analytical aptitudes. Demonstrates sound judgment and effective problem-solving skills, offering valuable guidance to partners.
- Proactive, service-oriented mindset, consistently driving for results.
- Meticulous attention to detail, precision, and punctuality in executing assigned duties.
- Sharp observational skills, active listening, and analytical capabilities, enabling informed decision-making.
- Proficient in presentations, facilitation, and training.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants can send their applications and a copy of non returnable CV with the necessary documents to the following link below
Applicants must follow the link and fill out the application form to be considered for the role.
You should read the vacancy announcement carefully, check the vacancy details, prepare your CV or Application details, and submit your application as instructed by the organization.
Visit our website to find updated job vacancies: https://sholajobs.com
Join Our Telegram if You have not Joined it Already
Join us on Telegram ስራዎችን በቴሌግራም ለመከታተል ይህንን ይጫኑ
Telegram channel: https://t.me/ngoethiopia
Please remember to visit www.sholajobs.com whenever you’re looking for a job in Ethiopia. We hope the site will help you find exactly what you’re looking for.