Purpose of the Job
The Nutrition Specialist provides technical guidance and management support throughout the programming processes to facilitate the administration and achievement of concrete and sustainable results in maternal, infant, and child nutrition programmes/projects. This is carried out according to plans, allocation, results-based-management approaches and methodology (RBM), as well as UNICEF’s Strategic Plans, standards of performance, and accountability framework.
Position: Nutrition Specialist
- Contribute to and support the preparation, design, and updating of the situation analysis for the nutrition sector(s) to ensure comprehensive and current data on maternal and child nutrition is available to guide policy development and the design and management of nutrition programme/projects.
- Keep abreast of development trends to enhance programme management, efficiency and
- Participate in strategic programme discussions on the planning of nutrition programmes/projects.
- Establish specific goals, objectives, strategies, and implementation plans for the nutrition sector(s) based on results-based planning terminology and methodology (RBM). Prepare required documentations for programme review and approval.
- Work closely and collaboratively with colleagues and partners to discuss strategies and methodologies and to determine national priorities/competencies to ensure the achievement of concrete and sustainable results.
- Provide technical and operational support throughout all stages of programming processes to ensure integration, coherence, and harmonization of programmes/projects with other UNICEF sectors and achievement of results as planned and allocated.
- Participate in monitoring and evaluation exercises, programme reviews, and annual reviews with government and other counterparts to assess progress and to determine required action and interventions to achieve results.
- Prepare and assess monitoring and evaluation reports to identify gaps, strengths, and/or weaknesses in programme management. Identify lessons learned and use the knowledge gained for development planning and timely intervention to achieve goals.
- Actively monitor programmes and projects through field visits, surveys, and/or exchange of information with partners and stakeholders to assess progress. Identify bottlenecks and potential problems and take timely decisions to resolve issues and/or refer to relevant officials for timely resolution.
- Monitor and verify the optimum and appropriate use of sectoral programme resources (financial, administrative, and other assets), confirming compliance with organizational rules, regulations, procedures, donor commitments, and standards of accountability. Ensure timely reporting and liquidation of resources.
- Prepare regular and mandated programme/project reports for management, donors, and partners to keep them informed of programme progress.
- Participate in discussions with national partners, clients, and stakeholders to promote nutrition and development issues, especially in the areas of emergency preparedness and maternal, newborn, and child survival and development.
- Draft policy papers, briefs, and other strategic programme materials for management use, information and/or consideration.
- Participate in emergency preparedness initiatives for programme development, contingency planning and/or to respond to emergencies in country or where designated.
- Build and sustain effective close working partnerships with the nutrition sector government counterparts and national stakeholders through active sharing of information and knowledge.
- Facilitate programme implementation and build the capacity of stakeholders to achieve programme goals on maternal and child rights as well as social justice and equity.
- Prepare communication and information materials for CO programme advocacy to promote awareness, establish partnerships/alliances, and support fundraising for nutrition programmes (maternal, newborn, and child survival and development).
- Participate and/or represent UNICEF in inter-agency discussions, ensuring that UNICEF’s position, interests, and priorities are fully considered and integrated in the UNDAF development planning and agenda setting.
- Apply and introduce innovative approaches and good practices to build the capacity of partners and stakeholders and to support the implementation and delivery of concrete and sustainable programme results.
- Keep abreast, research, benchmark, and implement best and cutting-edge practices in nutrition management and information systems. Assess, institutionalize, and share best practices and knowledge learned.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure optimum efficiency and efficacy of sustainable programmes and projects. · Organize and implement capacity-building initiatives to enhance the competencies of clients and stakeholders to promote sustainable results on nutrition-related programmes and projects.
- An advanced university degree in one of the following fields is required: nutrition, public health, nutritional epidemiology, global/international health, and nutrition, health/nutrition research, policy and/or management, health sciences, nutritional epidemiology, or another health-related science field.
- A minimum of five years (5 years) of professional experience in a developing country in one or more of the following areas is required: nutrition, public health, nutrition planning and management, or maternal, infant, and child health/nutrition care.
- Experience in health/nutrition programme/project development and management in a UN system agency or organization is an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants who meet the above requirements listed can Apply on the link below
You may also like…
error: Content is protected !!
Applicants must follow the link and fill out the application form to be considered for the role.
You should read the vacancy announcement carefully, check the vacancy details, prepare your CV or Application details, and submit your application as instructed by the organization.
Visit our website to find updated job vacancies: https://sholajobs.com
Join Our Telegram if You have not Joined it Already
Join us on Telegram ስራዎችን በቴሌግራም ለመከታተል ይህንን ይጫኑ
Telegram channel: https://t.me/ngoethiopia
Please remember to visit www.sholajobs.com whenever you’re looking for a job in Ethiopia. We hope the site will help you find exactly what you’re looking for.