JOB DESCRIPTION AND PERSON SPECIFICATION
JOB TITLE: Cashier Accountant
REPORTS TO: Project Finance and Admin Officer
REPORTING TO POSTHOLDER: None
LOCATION: Metu with frequent travel to project implementation site
DURATION & HOURS: up to March 2024 with 60 working days probation period
The purpose of the Cashier and Admin Assistant position is to provide secretarial, record keeping, and office support services, and handle & manage petty cash of the project. In addition, she/he supports the Project Finance and Admin Officer to administer, control, monitor, and periodically summarize the extent of financial operations and performance of the project. She/he provides effective and efficient support and advice to the immediate supervisor and project team as required.
|KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES|
Key areas of responsibility are:
- Prepare payment documents, attendance sheets, and others on all payments the projects are making.
- Manage project petty cash including preparing of payment and preparation of monthly petty cash reconciliation
- Handles and manage the project’s petty cash in a generally accepted standard norm.
- Prepare monthly petty cash reports to submit to the designated supervisor
- Review all payments against the budget and established rules and regulations.
- Assist the supervisor to review/ analyse monthly budget monitoring reports for timely comment and if any adjustment
- Manage the operations of the project compound including telephone, electricity, and water, manage office transport
- Handle all materials purchased and stored in a proper manner including fuel coupons and follow up for on-time utilization of the materials with the respective staff.
- Conduct payment, purchase and collect project materials, and deliver all materials purchased and stored to be used for intended purpose with checking by Project Finance and Admin Officer and approval by PC/Team Leader.
- Assist line manager in the verification of source documents for proper approval/authorization before they are filed and recorded;
- Assist in staff recruitment and disciplinary issues.
- Develop close working relationships with all staff
- Develop and implement a system to ensure efficient use and safety of the project equipment, including timely and appropriate maintenance and monitoring of costs
- Conduct payment for different purchases, community, and partners staff training, project staff, and any other payments checked by project finance and admin and approved by the project coordinator/Team Leader
- Ensures that all unused official documents and vouchers of the organization are properly registered and are available in sufficient quantity.
- Maintains filing of financial documents and reports;
- Reports and follows up on outstanding & unsettled payments and receipts.
- Maintain office records and reference files on various subjects for easy access and reference;
- Prepare a monthly petty cash report and submitting the line manager.
- Handle all incoming and outgoing correspondences, file in a chronological order
- Assist in ensuring that all procurement documents field in a good manner;
- Keeps projects plan document for procurement in a separate file for reference;
- Ensures the accuracy of procurement documents and integrity of the procurement process;
- Make sure to follow the procedures of the procurement Manual
These essential functions are not to be interpreted as a complete statement of all duties performed. Employees will be required to perform other job-related duties as required. All work responsibilities are subject to having performance goals and/or targets established.
|Education, qualifications & other knowledge|
|College Diploma in Accounting/Secretarial Science/Office Management/other related fields from a recognized college or BA in Accounting/Management and relevant training|
|five years of relevant work experience for diploma holders and two years of relevant work experience for degree holders|
|experience in store management|
|Skills & abilities|
|Computer skills in Word, Excel, Access, and QuickBooks|
|Familiarity with office equipment operation|
|Co-operative and willingness to work under pressure|
|Respect the culture, beliefs and traditions of rural and semi-urban communities|
|Willingness to give a chance/opportunity to others|
|Value the knowledge and ability of the community|
|Ability to adapt to the existing environment|
|Willingness to multi-task and work on own initiative|
|Good team player and team builder|
Investing in smallholder farming is the number one way to combat poverty in rural Africa. Farm Africa is a leading NGO specializing in growing agriculture, protecting the environment, and developing businesses in rural Africa.
EXPERT: Expertise and insightful evidence-based solutions are at the heart of everything Farm Africa does.
GROUNDED: Our teams and partners work closely with local communities, engaging them in every level of decision-making.
IMPACTFUL: We deliver long-lasting change for farmers, their families, and the environments they live in.
BOLD: We model innovative approaches and are not afraid to challenge strategies that are failing.
How to Apply
Those who meet the above requirements should submit their short CV (maximum of 4 pages) and a cover letter (maximum 1 page) addressing firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Job ID 494414 Cashier Accountant for Metu” by 28 August 2023.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Farm Africa is an equal-opportunity employer and promotes gender equity. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Farm Africa does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. (E.g. Application, interview, meeting, processing, training, or any other fees).
Applicants must follow the link and fill out the application form to be considered for the role.
You should read the vacancy announcement carefully, check the vacancy details, prepare your CV or Application details, and submit your application as instructed by the organization.
Visit our website to find updated job vacancies: https://sholajobs.com
Join Our Telegram if You have not Joined it Already
Join us on Telegram ስራዎችን በቴሌግራም ለመከታተል ይህንን ይጫኑ
Telegram channel: https://t.me/ngoethiopia
Please remember to visit www.sholajobs.com whenever you’re looking for a job in Ethiopia. We hope the site will help you find exactly what you’re looking for.