The World Food Programme (WFP) is a United Nations frontline agency in combating hunger. WFP constantly responds to crises. the mission is to save lives and providing people who are hungry quickly with food. However, WFP is also working to combat hunger for the foreseeable future.
It does this by implementing programs that use food as a way to create assets, share knowledge, and create strong, vibrant communities. The result is that communities are more safe from food insecurity. On average, WFP strives to offer aid to over 80 million people across over 80 nations.
- Make sure that you get the best quality broadcast of videography. Minimum HD at 1920×1080 or higher;
- Check that all demands and directions pertaining to the requirements for videography and editing have been met;
- Ensure that all required videography or video-editing jobs are completed on deadline;
- Verify that proper video formats can be used in accordance with the format requested.
- Make sure that the content you create for social media use adheres to the guidelines set forth by the WFP guidelines.
- Employ the most professional ethical standards in accordance with the WFP’s as well as the United Nations’ core values.
- Create motion graphics, user interfaces and graphic design to provide an additional service to support the company.
- Condense long video clips into shorter, powerful clips that can be played on various platforms for personnel and CP training, as well as for ways to raise awareness about WFP initiatives.
The position of the organization:
- JOB Title: Videographer/Photographer
- Type of Contract: Intern
- UNIT/DIVISION: Programm
- Duty Station: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Duration: 8 months
Basic Minimum Qualifications
- A diploma or equivalent qualification in film and digital media. Has demonstrable understanding of motion Graphics video production, Photo post-production video editing and Graphic Design, software proficiency in Project Management, and a standard portfolio that displays innovative strategies and a keen eye for the smallest of details.
- Have demonstrated a knowledge of WFP methods of communication and its activities, as well as an understanding of the political and socio-political environment that WFP is operating in its day-to-day activities.
- The ability to operate in a manner that is highly autonomous while working in a large, energetic and multi-cultural team. Develop effective relations with people of various ethnicities and backgrounds.
- Flexibility to accept work assignments that go beyond the work description of the desk.
- The ability to understand in oral and written communications in English. A working understand of the local language can be a plus.
How Do I Apply? WFP Intern Jobs 2023
Be aware that before applying to be a candidate, download (link provided below) the entire advertisement and make sure you read it thoroughly.
Then, to apply, go to https://career5.successfactors.eu//career?career_ns=job_listing&company=C0000168410P&navBarLevel=JOB_SEARCH&rcm_site_locale=en_GB&career_job_req_id=829815&_ga=2.165991863.807325011.1696839690-
The closing date is 22 October 2023.
Only employees who are shortlisted will be contacted to schedule interviews.