Shabelle Bank invites qualified and experienced applicants for the following banking job position.
Shabelle Bank is a fully licensed Commercial Bank in Ethiopia to conduct all its operations under the principles of Islamic banking and be fully disengaged from interest-based transactions.
Position: General Accounts Division Manager
Qualifications: Master’s Degree /BA Degree in accounting fields.
Experience: 5/7 years of banking experience respectively of which 2 year as senior officer/team leader in financial management area.
Purpose of the Job:
To ensure that the Bank’s accounts reflect true and fair financial position by availing accurate and timely management and consolidated financial reports to all stake holders. The role is also responsible for ensuring the Bank’s compliance with all financial and legal obligations by effecting all payments and settlements to the concerned organizations in a timely manner.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
· Check whether the approval and processing of the Bank’s payment obligations are being done in compliance with appropriate disbursement policies.
· Review the correctness and completeness of payment instruments, tickets/vouchers and counter sign on them.
· Review transactions to ensure they are properly recorded, and books of accounts are balanced, and authorize records of transactions and the opening of general and subsidiary ledger accounts.
· Review periodic head office and consolidated financial reports.
· Check the timely and accurate payment of all tax and pension obligations to the concerned organizations. Authorize the closing of books of accounts of the Bank and facilitate internal and external audits.
Banking Operation, Performance Management Knowledge Risk Management Knowledge ,Computer Appreciation and Core banking expertise, Communicates Clearly, Knowledge of Audit Management Principles, Branch Operation, Alternative Channels(e-banking, mobile money), Interest Free Banking, Marketing & Sales , Core Banking Application ,Financial Accounting ,Financial Transactions Recording & Documentations ,Knowledge of Anti Money Laundering Law, IFRS Knowledge Financial Regulation ,Qualitative and Analytical Skills Industry and product knowledge Operational Risk Management Attention to detail
Location: Jijiga, Head Office, Somali
Salary: As Per Shabelle Bank Scale Salary Plus Attractive Benefit Package
Deadline: August 19, 2023
How to Apply:
Those who meet the above requirements should submit their short CVs (written in English) maximum of 3 pages and saved in PDF format (mandatory) with three professional referees and their contacts (both email and telephone) through below link:
NB: Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted at all stages of the selection process. Hard copy or physical applications will not be accepted.
- The Bank has the right to cancel the post advertised.
- Women applicants are highly encouraged to apply.
Applicants must follow the link and fill out the application form to be considered for the role.
You should read the vacancy announcement carefully, check the vacancy details, prepare your CV or Application details, and submit your application as instructed by the organization.
Visit our website to find updated job vacancies: https://sholajobs.com
Join Our Telegram if You have not Joined it Already
Join us on Telegram ስራዎችን በቴሌግራም ለመከታተል ይህንን ይጫኑ
Telegram channel: https://t.me/ngoethiopia
Please remember to visit www.sholajobs.com whenever you’re looking for a job in Ethiopia. We hope the site will help you find exactly what you’re looking for.